Before's and After's

10:18 AM

Let's start the week out with some before and afters! I love to see a good "clean up" job whether that be a room or a photo. (Speaking of cleaning up a room...I completely cleaned and organized our pantry this weekend and it looks awesome. Call me crazy but I keep going back in there just to stand and admire it.)

Anyways, Here are some photos that I "cleaned up" and the steps I took to get there...
ISO 400, 30mm, f/2.8, 1/1000th

 
Here are my edits made in LIGHTROOM:
I also increased the yellows to +26 (to get that nice warm glow.)

AFTER:







ISO 400, 50mm, f/3.5, 1/320th


Here are my editing steps in LIGHTROOM:





ISO 320, 50mm, f/4, 1/320th


Here are my editing steps in LIGHTROOM:

AFTER:


ISO 320, 50mm, f/3.5, 1/160th


Here are my editing steps in LIGHTROOM (after I first turned it Black and White by simply clicking on "Black & White" in the "treatment section:


AFTER:
And there you have it! It's always best to have a photo perfect straight out of the camera HOWEVER...don't immediately throw it away without a fair shot!

Happy Monday to you. I hope you have a good week planned. I know I do. (I'm going to tackle our bedroom closet and the play room---can't wait!)

Remember...you can still sign up to win a spot at one of my workshops!! Click here to enter.

and

My photography book is on sale for Valentine's Day! Click here to see...

and

I know I must be crazy but my husband, our friends, and I am doing this on March 31st in Dallas. (pray for me.)

3 comments:

Stacee Maree said...

Thank you so much for posting before/after shots. I have this block that all pictures must come out great straight from the camera. I am really struggling because it is just not happening. I am glad to be reminded that everyone, even amazing photographers, edit.

Kelli said...

I love how giving you are with your tips and tricks. Thank you. I finally downloaded your book and am poring over it right now!
p.s. Good luck with the Tough Mudder, I'm not quite ready for that bad boy yet, but maybe one day. Hope you finish strong!

Sharin Shank said...

Just found your website through Pinterest. I love that you are step-by-step showing beginners (like myself) how to work their photos and cameras! I'm inspired to take more pictures. Thank you for this :)

Powered by Blogger.