Day 7 - Christmas Photo Countdown

10:04 AM
Day 7: The reason for the season
Photo Info:
50mm, ISO 400, f/2.0, 1/40th

Photo Tip:
As you can see, my shutter speed is pretty darn low at 1/40th of a second. I normally like to try and keep my shutter speed up around 1/125th of a second to reduce camera shake but there are times like these that I break the rules. You see, I didn't want to increase my ISO because I really wanted that smooth look (as opposed to a more grainy look that accompanies a high ISO). So when I do break my rule and accepts a longer shutter speed I always make sure to hold REALLY STILL, to not breath and to squeeze the release button every so carefully in order to not move or shake the camera.

On a side note:
I watched a beautiful and short video called "A Gift to the World" depicting the events surrounding and the birth of Christ. It was done so well and was touching to watch. Click here to watch it. There are even more videos on this site of the life of Jesus Christ. I haven't watched any other yet but I'm excited to check them out! It's always nice to be reminded why I celebrate this time of year.


If I’ve just given you some insight in photography, then you’re really going to want to joy me for my free webinar I'm giving live — I’ll be showing you the 3 most vital tips to taking great pictures with your camera plus answering your questions.

It’s guaranteed to be a good one.

Not yet RSVP'd? Learn more here.

1 comment:

Shay said...

I love reading all your tips--thank you! And what a cute ornament.

Powered by Blogger.