Day 3-Christmas Photo Countdown

6:28 AM
Day 3: Lyndon's candy cane creation entitled: "I love you"

Lyndon made me this Christmas surprise and upon his request, I took a picture of it. I'm so glad I did. It reminds of me of just how much that little boy loves his Mama. :)

Photo info:
50mm lens, 400 ISO, f/2.0, 1/60th sec. 
taken inside using the light from a window, no flash.

My editing steps were:
1- Crop the picture to a 1x1 ratio
2- Apply the Lightroom preset: Who is Wolf-Soft, Warm. This is a free preset found here.
3- Increase the Recovery to +86

And here's my sweet boy:
(check out his little black right eye! Two days ago he quickly turned around in the kitchen and hit his eye on the corner of the counter. ouch!)

I'm getting a lot of great feedback from you guys letting me know what you what to learn. I love it. Keep it coming!

2 comments:

Frances said...

Hi Katie,

I am seeing all these unique decorating ideas that people do with the outside of their homes. I am entertained by their creativity and would like to capture unique photos around my city. I am unsure as to how I would set up a photo shoot like this. I would mostly be getting in and out of the car taking quick shots from far away. I am very new to taking photos but I am interested in urban shooting and would like to capture the holidays if I can. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you. Frances

dana said...

I'm glad you can still see his black eye in the picture. perfect

Powered by Blogger.