Make your own baby announcements!Thanksgiving is right around the corner! Can you believe it? Here is a A list of Thanksgiving Photo opps I wrote last year that you may find helpful...
In the meantime, Let's make our own baby announcements! I'm sure you've seen some darling announcements and thought, That is so cute. I wish I could have an announcement this that! Guess what? YOU CAN.
I made these 4 announcements for Lily using Adobe Photoshop (Although, I'm pretty sure you can do most of this stuff in Photoshop Elements as well.) Below each announcement I have listed everything I used to create it so you can get started on your own announcements.
Let me know which one is your favorite. I can't decide which one to use!
This photographer created my inspiration for this one.
- I opened the original picture file and created the announcement right on that.
- The fonts I used were Times New Roman for the "Hi" and Myriad Pro for the rest of it.
Here is my inspiration for this one.
- Again, I opened the original picture and created the announcement from there.
- The handwriting font I used is called Pea Bhea. I downloaded this font and a TON of other cool fonts for free from this site called, Kevin and Amanda.
- The other font used to write, "Lillian Kate Evans" is called, Lullaby. It was a free font I downloaded from dafont.com.
- The arrows were made using a font downloaded from the Kevin and Amanda site. It's called Pea Bestow's Doodles. It is the letter "p".
- The lavender label was made using a vintage label stamp I download from this site called Pugly Pixel. (This is one of my favorite sites! I love her style.)
- The line was made using the line tool in Photoshop.
I used my own imagination for this one. :)
- Once again, I opened the original picture and created the announcement on that.
- The white block used underneath the writing was made using the rectangle shape in Photoshop. I started with a white rectangle and then decreased the opacity to 37%.
- The font I used for "lillian kate evans" is called Time.
- The other font underneath that is called Josefin Slab. I'm pretty sure this is a font that comes standard with most computers.
Agian, I used my own creativity for this one. :)
- For the background I googled "old vintage paper" and found this one. Unfortunately I didn't save my source.
- The old Polaroid picture was a free downloaded from this site called, Fuzzimo. They have tons of cool stuff.
- The font used on the word, "introducing..." is called Pea Stacy Fancy and can be downloaded for free from the Kevin and Amanda site.
- The font underneather the photo is called, Pea Bhea, and can be found on the Kevin and Amanda site as well.
Okay, now go out and make your own! I want to see your creativity so send me a link once you've made it.
Don't forget to let me know which announcement is your favorite!
(NOTE: Want a step-by-step cheat sheet for crisper, colorful and eye catching pictures? Download the Key to Pictures Cheat and stop guessing on your camera’s manual settings.)
Thanksgiving is right around the corner! Can you believe it? Here is a A list of Thanksgiving Photo opps I wrote last year that you may f...