Make your own baby announcements!

3:17 PM
Thanksgiving is right around the corner! Can you believe it? Here is a A list of Thanksgiving Photo opps I wrote last year that you may find helpful...

In the meantime, Let's make our own baby announcements! I'm sure you've seen some darling announcements and thought, That is so cute. I wish I could have an announcement this that! Guess what? YOU CAN.

I made these 4 announcements for Lily using Adobe Photoshop (Although, I'm pretty sure you can do most of this stuff in Photoshop Elements as well.) Below each announcement I have listed everything I used to create it so you can get started on your own announcements.

Let me know which one is your favorite. I can't decide which one to use!

#1:
This photographer created my inspiration for this one.

  • I opened the original picture file and created the announcement right on that. 
  • The fonts I used were Times New Roman for the "Hi" and Myriad Pro for the rest of it.


#2:
Here is my inspiration for this one.

  • Again, I opened the original picture and created the announcement from there. 
  • The handwriting font I used is called Pea Bhea. I downloaded this font and a TON of other cool fonts for free from this site called, Kevin and Amanda.
  • The other font used to write, "Lillian Kate Evans" is called, Lullaby. It was a free font I downloaded from dafont.com.
  • The arrows were made using a font downloaded from the Kevin and Amanda site. It's called Pea Bestow's Doodles. It is the letter "p".
  • The lavender label was made using a vintage label stamp I download from this site called Pugly Pixel. (This is one of my favorite sites! I love her style.)
  • The line was made using the line tool in Photoshop.

#3:
I used my own imagination for this one. :)

  •  Once again, I opened the original picture and created the announcement on that.
  • The white block used underneath the writing was made using the rectangle shape in Photoshop. I started with a white rectangle and then decreased the opacity to 37%.
  • The font I used for "lillian kate evans" is called Time.
  • The other font underneath that is called Josefin Slab. I'm pretty sure this is a font that comes standard with most computers.

#4:
Agian, I used my own creativity for this one. :)

  • For the background I googled "old vintage paper" and found this one. Unfortunately I didn't save my source.
  • The font used on the word, "introducing..." is called Pea Stacy Fancy and can be downloaded for free from the Kevin and Amanda site.
  • The font underneather the photo is called, Pea Bhea, and can be found on the Kevin and Amanda site as well.
  • The typewriter looking font is called Rough_Typewriter and can be downloaded from dafont.com here.


Okay, now go out and make your own! I want to see your creativity so send me a link once you've made it. 

Don't forget to let me know which announcement is your favorite!

(NOTE: Want a step-by-step cheat sheet for crisper, colorful and eye catching pictures? Download the Key to Pictures Cheat and stop guessing on your camera’s manual settings.) landing-page

30 comments:

Tammy said...

My pick is #3 but they are all great. I'm not crazy about the umbilical cord mention but that's just me. I love your work!! :)

reallythisisyourplan said...

my favorites are the first one and third one. but i think i like the third one the best, more colorful! wonderful pictures! and congratulations!

Chelley said...

#3 - the umbilical cord skeeves me out, too. :)

KellyS said...

Hard choice. They are all so great. My ranking is 3, 1, 2, 4. I love the color in 3.

www.hokiecoyote.com said...

#3 is my favorite.

stampsndeidre said...

I love #1! It is so simple and her picture is really the focus.

Sharin Shank said...

#3! I love the bright colors!!

Jeannette said...

#3 it captures the baby and her girlie-ness the best :)

Casie said...

#1 and 3 are my favorite. #3 is so cheerful and bright, I love it, but I'm also a sucker for newborn black and whites. :)

Palak said...

I wouldn't be able to choose, print out all of them and send one to each!

Angela said...

#1!!! Adorable. I love #2 too.

Gracie said...

I love all of them! But my favorite would be #2

Thresa Ruggles said...

I like #3 for both the colors and the mention on her family members... I think that's important in an announcement.

Unknown said...

Love them all, but #3 is my favorite. She is just precious!

Rebecca said...

#3, definately. It needs to be in a frame, too. Just beautiful.

Unknown said...

Totally #3!

Lindsay said...

Those are all AMAZING! I think I like the first and third the best.

theestesbunch said...

Definitely #3.... loved the colors and the picture showed how beautiful she is....

theestesbunch said...

Definitely #3.... loved the colors and the picture showed how beautiful she is....

Waco B. said...

I like #1, sweet and simple. And I like that photo the best.

Peanut's peanuts said...

I love #1! It is purely elegant. Simple but so beautiful!

VivaLibby said...

I love #2 but it's closely followed by #3 which is such a beautiful photo. I love the concept of #2 though.
Good job and thanks for the inspiration!!!

Anonyme said...

My favorites are definitely n#1, 2 and 3 but not really into number 4...
But great job!!

VivaLibby said...

I love #2 but it's closely followed by #3 which is such a beautiful photo. I love the concept of #2 though.
Good job and thanks for the inspiration!!!

Page said...

I know nobody has picked it, but I think #4 is so creative and adorable! Lily's features are beautiful!! You did such a good job with all of them...#2 is so sweet and clever. My first choice would also have to be #3 though-colors are great and I love the detail of being able to see her red hair! So sweet. Thanks for sharing! :)

calamein said...

number 1 is my fave and a close second with number 3

lovelife said...

Hi Katie,
I love all four and having a hard time to decide my favourite between #1 and #4.
I like the design of #1 but like the photo in #4 better!
Thanks for all your ideas, tips and tricks you share with us!
Regards from Austria
Catrin

Jes said...

I love the "Hi. I'm Lilly." bit of #1 but all of the announcements are so great, I can see how you are having trouble choosing. Congrats on a beautiful baby!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I love all of them! I actually thought the umbilical cord part was funny.. haha :) but #3 does stand out!
Lily is so adorable, congratulations! :)

Powered by Blogger.