Be your own YOU!! Photoberfest Week: 4--Unleashing your own creativity!

8:40 AM
It's our last week of Photoberfest! Can you believe it?

This week our focus is on...
  
Unleashing creativity: Take a picture using your own creative style

It's in us all to be creative. One my my favorite quotes comes from Dieter F. Uchtdorf. He said,

"The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before.

Don’t let fear of failure discourage you. Don’t let the voice of critics paralyze you—whether that voice comes from the outside or the inside. You are a great power for good. You will make the world a better place."


You are taking pictures and trying to become a better photographer because it helps to satisfy a part of your soul that longs to be creative. It's so important for each of us to remember is to not judge ourselves too harshly. We also CANNOT compare ourselves to others. We are each unique and special individuals with gifts and talents that no one else has. 

Our call with Ashlee this week is on Creativity and Talents: Tapping into your own creative power. I know what she has to share with us will be exactly what we need to hear.

The calls are 45 minutes and will take place on each Tuesday at 12pm CST. Click here to sign-up.
 
With that said, I want you to unleash your own creative power this week and take some pictures that you love--not pictures that you think others will love but photos that comes directly from you. 

Here are some of my own "creative photos"... It goes without saying that I love to take pictures of people. I love to capture emotion and light. But the photo's I'm sharing today tap into my other creative side... Food, landscape, and buildings (plus a few other inanimate objects!)




























To enter the photo contest: (you can submit up to 3 entries per week)
Simply send me an email (katie@keytopictures.com) with a link to your photo(s) on your blog snapfish.com, flickr, etc. (Sorry but I can't accept any photos that are emailed to me or on facebook.) I will then "pin' your photo(s) to a pinterest board that is created specific for each week of the contest.

The winner will be chosen at midnight on Friday by whoever has the most "likes" on their photo. So recruit all of your friends and family to go and vote! They have to have a pinterest account to vote. (If they or you don't have a pinterest account yet...now is the time to sign-up! It's awesome. You won't be disappointed.)

One winner each week will receive:
- a complete set of my 3 ebooks: The Key to Taking Pictures Like a Professional Photographer, The Key to Natural Posing, The photo Essential Guide. Check it out here.
 - a $25 gift certificate to choose your very own Camera Coat. This thing is awesome! Check it out here
- a 3 month membership to Rock The Shot Forum. I love this forum, you will learn so much about photography and they give away free stuff all the time! Check it out here.

 -a modern, fun, handmade camera strap. These straps are incredibly well made and incredibly cute! Check it out here

I would love for you to spread the word! I excited to be able to help so many people.  Here is the code to put a button on your blog:








And don't forget, you can get 30% off my 2 books and exposure guide by using the discount code: PHOTOBERFEST click here.
(ONLY 1 WEEK LEFT!) 
 

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.