HANDS-Day 1 & The workshop winner!

7:44 AM
The first day of our 25-Day Challenge is... HANDS! 
(click here for a link to the Challenge)

There is always a story to be told in someone's hands. Hands can show someone's age and what kind of work they do (or have done). Hands convey love and nurturing. Just as eyes are a window to one's soul, hands are the map of their life.

I made a collage of my family's hands (and some feet).  And just to demonstrate how I'm a girl who tries to keep it real...behind the scenes of this sweet and tender photo shoot were 2 kids who were less than thrilled to be a part of it and a Mom (moi) who (with her numb mouth from an earlier visit to the dentist) kept micro-managing the 2 complainers..."Lyndon, step to the right, no your right, a little more, a little more. Okay, stop, stop. Go back a little. Okay, stay there. Maddie, hold still, keep your arm out straight. Not that straight. Bend it a little. Guys, stop messing around." You get the idea...

But it actually turned out great. All the pictures were taken inside at around 4:30pm about 4 feet from an East facing window. They were all taken with a 30mm lens, f/1.8, ISO 400, between a 1/80th and 1/125th shutter speed. Then I turned them to black and white using my tried and true B&W editing techniques found in this post.


And now the winner (by complete randomness) of a seat to one of my workshops is...

Kimberly @ The Brown Eyes Have It said...
How exciting! I've been trying to see if I can come up with the money to attend your workshop, but it would be even better if I could win it. Then maybe my daughter could come, too. I'm a follower of your blog.

1 comment:

Kimberly T. said...

(Squeal with delight, seriously, I did!) I can't believe I won! I'm so stinking excited!!

Powered by Blogger.