A day of canoeing on Ladybird Lake

1:25 PM
My parents were here visiting us from Idaho. The weather was perfect (perfect to me means low temps and NO humidity) during their stay so we had to take advantage of the sunshine and go canoeing. This is one of my favorite things about living in Austin...the lakes. Ladybird lake is right downtown so it's kind of cool to be "in" nature but still in the city.










As you canoe under the bridges you get closer and closer to downtown.

And then all of a sudden you can see the skyline. Isn't it great?







I love that my Mom wore her yellow life jacket the entire time...always the cautious one. :)




After we went canoeing we headed over the The Oasis, a cool restaurants overlooking Lake Travis. I wanted to show you the magic of editing a picture. Below is a picture straight out of my camera, no editing. It's not too bad but a little blah, if you ask me.



This is after I applied some effects in Lightroom. Better, huh?


To learn more about editing and making your pictures "pop" check out my photography book!
I've included my entire editing process along with some of my favorite free Lightroom "presets". (which are "actions" to those of you who know Photoshop! Still don't know what the heck I'm talking about? ...get my book, I explain it all!) :)



1 comment:

Mária said...

TEI FOTKY NU NáDHERNé, PERFEKTNé ZáBERY, SKVELA PEVNá RUKA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VšETKO DOBRé PRAJEM. MáRIA

Powered by Blogger.